Thursday, August 4, 2011

Boy Wonder: Professional Musician 278

Year 3 Day 148 – August 3rd 2011

Back on the Road Again...The First Tour of The South...Second If You Count The SXSW Tour in 2010.

It's a Four Day run with the big show happening in Atlanta and it seems that leaving Philadelphia is (logistically) the hardest thing to do when I'm trying to hit the road. There are so many things to take care of before leaving that I often forget something, this time it was toll money and the AC Converter for the Laptop. Oy!

Jake, Rob, Steve (Marchion), and I left around 9:30 on our way to Mojo Main In Newark Delaware. With the Van working we got there, albeit a lot later than we would normally arrive someplace. I bolt into the venue and look frantically for the sound guy. I find him.

Me: Hello I'm in the last band...I'm just wondering where we would load in at

Sound Guy: Excuse Me?

Me: Hello -

Sound Guy: First Introduce Yourself

Me: Hello I'm in Boy Wonder...

I Shake his Hand

Me: I'm just wondering where we would load in at

Sound Guy: Oh just go in the middle door

Me: Sorry we're late

Sound Guy: Oh don't worry about it.

We waited about an hour and we played.

Set List
Ex-Girlfriend
Wasn't Supposed To Be This Way
The Way You Make Me Feel
Sexy Machine
I Don't Dance
Feels So Good
(I Think We Should) Breakup
Psycho

I could feel a cold coming on. The room was practically empty and dwindling by the minute, we were left with an older gentlemen who thought we were the bees knees. Although we were killer I chalked the gig up to a loss and was ready to pack up and leave Newark with the little confidence I had left.

As we were pulling out a gentlemen in a green shirt walks through the rain and I rolled down the window. Turns out he owned the place. Said he loved the set and how we put on a good show despite the fact that no one was there, he was gushing, I was floored. It was a good thing Jake was quick enough to hand the guy a CD...I was too busy being shocked. He wants to bring us back during the school year for a paying gig with a crowd. So the show's not a total loss.

We leave under the cover of night on our way to ATL, when we get to the hotel I plan on taking a bunch of Cold Medicine and going to bed, the rocking out with The Swear

No comments:

Post a Comment

Counter