Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Boy Wonder: Professional Musician 283

Year Three - Day 225 – October 19th, 2011

Philadelphia PA

Leaving for any kind of a tour run is always that hardest part. Not emotionally, this is old hat, I'm used to leaving, the guys I tour with are used to leaving and the people around us are used to us being gone. I mean it's hard from a logistical standpoint. Doing something like this always requires uprooting your life and in my case putting things in place so that things will be taken care of while I'm gone. We have always been grownups in the sense that we have responsibilities at home that need to be taken care of before we leave.

Before we do anything Rob and Andrew have to meet me at my house. We have to pack the van, pick up my guitars from the repair shop, grab Jake, re-pack the van (with his bass amp in the car) and head to Triumph.

I decided to do a tune up gig at Triumph Brewery, I figure since we're playing two very important shows this week why not start at home. We packed the car and headed down. We pick everyone up and pull into Triumph. As I walk inside I notice that I'm sick, the kind of sick I hate the most, congestion cough, runny nose, lungs (seemingly) covered with that green and yellow buttery stuff. I feel like crap, this presents a problem.

Set List

Slowdance
Get Me To California
Never Gonna Give You Up
Sexy Machine
I Don't Dance
Feels So Good
(I Think We Should) Breakup
Psycho

I struggle to sing, my guitar refuses to stay in tune, I'm sluggish, it isn't pretty. The Most you can do at that point is hope that things end better than they started.

We end the night driving towards Farfield, Iowa I dream of terrain that is both foreign and familiar with the stars shining bright I go over the tour plans in my head one more time.

-Get To Fairfield
-Get Some Rest
-Radio Interview
-Play
-Sleep
-Wake Up
-Get To Minneapolis
-Rest
-Play
-Get Jake To The Airport
-Sleep
-Drive Home

If I can get all of these things done without my head exploding I'll consider it a successful week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Counter