Saturday, March 10, 2012

Boy Wonder: Professional Musician 289

Year Three – Day 233 – October 26th 2011

Philadelphia, PA

I rarely blog about shows at home these days but here we go

Today was a big day, (I've been having a lot of those lately which is probably a good thing) we're opening for Electric Six at Johnny Brenda's capping off a year where the boys and I have opened for bands and artists that are on major and independent labels. It's been a super crazy summer and fall I remember at this point last year thinking things couldn't get any better but the progression that my career has taken is definitely awesome, maybe I'm delusional, but I'm happy so shut up...lol

For those of you who haven't been reading my blog the past few years electric Six was the band Bang Camaro opened up for during my tour with them. We spent two weeks on the road with those guys and I learned just about everything I currently know by watching those dudes night after night. It was the best two weeks of the tour and we really got to know those guys well. They are by far the most professional band I've ever been around. So last year when an opportunity for me to open for them at Johnny Brenda's came along I jumped at the chance. We had so much fun that we asked again and they obliged us.

I didn't feel we put our best foot forward last year, Jake had food poisoning and by the end of the night I was trashed and way too focused on all the beautiful women, so I was glad to get another opportunity. Things would be different this time, primarily cause I'd have background singers. Graneville Automatic were kind enough to join me on stage for this particular show. I was nervous about it, I've never had much luck with background singers, but their pedigree is unparalleled, both those girls can sing just about anything.

Sound Check was awesome. They are one of the most sought after rooms in town for a reason. I left my shirt in the van and when I got it I realized it was the shirt that needed cufflinks, luckily my other had safety pins...why? Cause she's the best mom in the world that's why.

I like these 30 minute sets...less is more. We can rock solid and be on point. Nerves are always a part of the game

Slowdance
Surrender
Sexy Machine
I Don't Dance
Feels So Good
(I Think We Should) Breakup

The band played great, those five days on the road really helped I think. As usual Electric Six was very nice and complimentary as were their fans. I was treated to a good set by Kitten and an excellent set By Electric Six.

We sold some merch, chatted some people up and left.

Saturday is my last scheduled travel gig for a while...looking forward to being home for a lil bit and writing new songs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Counter