Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Boy Wonder: Professional Musician 296


Year Four

July 6th 2012

Louisville, Kentucky

We left in the dead of night, a dubious start to (or in my case continuation of) tour. I have some concerns about the ol girl (van) we've had some issues with it overheating so I wanna drive at night seeing as it's the hottest week of the summer so far with temperatures soaring above 100 degrees. We arrived at the hotel in the late afternoon. This is our first time here, we played here mainly because my brother is here and the ability to draw a crowd here would be greater than any other city nearby, at least he'd be there.

As we arrived to the venue (this city's Hard Rock Cafe) I was blown away by all the activity on fourth street where the venue was located. It seems as if all of the activity in Louisville was concentrated in one place. There was a cover band playing on the street (which was blocked off) and there were restaurants and night clubs on top of each other, quite a sight to see.

We had dinner and I notice the people singing at the table next to us, a whole family and as I looked around I noticed that there were quite a few people signing, come to find out that there's a sign language convention is Louisville this weekend, meaning that half the crowd in the Hard Rock Cafe is deaf. Interesting to say the least. My brother arrives shortly before showtime. It's good to see him as I haven't seen much of him since he's been here. We chat as the show starts, we've got a while since we don't play till 1.

We were treated to great sets by Field of Kings, The Winston Hours, and one of my all time favorite bands Hero Jr. and then at around 1 it was time for our set.

Set List
Ex- Girlfriend
Superhero
Slowdance
Surrender
Sexy Machine
I Don't Dance
Feels So Good
Psycho

As were playing I'm realizing I'm waay to tight, I'm doing things wrong, and those thoughts are like quicksand, the more you think them the deeper you go. My voice works though and seems to be compensating. But as the people sitting and having dinner seem to be turning around and people seem to not be looking at their watches I seem to think that we're going over pretty well.

It wasn't the conversion of an entire city but it was a start, the person who booked the show and the booker at the Hard Rock likes us and wants us to return, I'll take it. I want to leave right away and head for Minnesota (Fairfield has been canceled) but the boys want to sleep. I'm really concerned about the car overheating but I'm pretty tired as well so we'll sleep now and leave in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Counter