Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Boy Wonder: Professional Musician 299


Year Four

July 9th 2012

St Paul, Minnesota

Escape is nice. I was able to escape the very harsh reality of the van being stranded in Danville Illinois for at least one night. To do what I came here to do, keeping the dream alive for one more night. We woke up coming off a victorious show at Amsterdam, a win I desperately needed and now we're headed back to Danville.

Called ahead. They say the van won't be ready till tomorrow. That means an extra day (or more) in Danville freakin Illinois we have to put our gear in the car rent a smaller vehicle and stay here. Bloomington's out at this point and I basically just want to go home. 

Danville, Illinois

We go to make our presence felt. I tell Andy to do that talking because frankly I have an attitude problem. Big picture I understand what's goin on and that there are other cars in the world than mine, but in that moment, the spoiled child in me was seeping out. And of all the places to be stuck, I mean jeeze lol.

You really can't help but laugh, there's been more laughter on this particular tour than any other, I suspect it's to keep us all sane. If anything we are bonding. I love these boys, I just wish we were playing and not sitting here. 

Champagne, Illinois

As of this moment I'm at the super 8 in Champagne IL. The boys and I are gonna go out and blow off some steam. I doubt I'll remember anything that happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Counter