Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Boy Wonder: Professional Musician 298


Year Four

July 8th 2012

Stillwater, Minnesota

Knock Knock Knock

Me: We don't want anything

Knock Knock Knock

Me: We're fine, we're sleeping

The door opens

Housekeeper: Housekeeping!

Me: I said we were sleeping.

Housekeeper: You don't want clean

Me: NO! Please go away!

Housekeeper: So no clean.

Me: For the Love of God!

Admittedly not my best moment. But after last night's insanity all I wanted to do was sleep. We got about 6 hours in and around 2 or so we were ready to hit the venue.

St. Paul, Minnesota

This would be our first time in St. Paul. We've rocked it's neighboring city Minneapolis 4 times in the past 3 years and they have always shown us a good time...aside from Philly it's my favorite city to play in. Tonight we're opening for Interscope Recording Artists The Knux a hip hop duo comprised of two twin brothers. Whenever we work with Ben Brueland I never have to worry about anything. He's a great guy and an excellent booker.

San Dimas and Xavier Marquis played spectacularly and it was time for our set. After yesterday I needed a win and I was hoping I'd find it on stage at Amsterdam.

There's nothing like watching people file into a room to see you play when you're halfway across the country. We have people that have literally not missed a show since we've started playing here. I decided to take those good feelings on the stage with me and turn my amp up real loud. 

Set List

Ex-Girlfriend
Superhero
Slowdance
Surrender
Sexy Machine
I Don't Dance
Feels So Good
Swim
Psycho

In the beginning it didn't look so good. The Crowd was pretty thin and as I looked out people were just kind of standing there. I was ready to give up, finish this thing, and get out of here. But I looked up and I saw something I hadn't seen all week. People...dancing like hardcore. So I decided I oughta snap out of autopilot and enjoy this. As usual, good crowd, they get sweaty, we get sweaty (we tend to get sweaty anyway)

I decided to try out swim solo tonight. This would be the best opportunity as this crowd is here to listen to the music as opposed to drink and ignore me. It was a nice moment. They were clapping to the rhythm midway through, determined to keep it upbeat and dancy.

We were well received, people singed our mailing list and bought CDs and some are even asking me when the new record is coming out. Making the decision to get here at all costs was totally worth it. What a great night.

We got some drinks, watched the knux, got paid, talked to some old friends and new fans and left the club.

We made a late night Run for the Border and went to bed...we got a 10 hour drive to Danville to pick up the car .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Counter