Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Boy Wonder: Professional Musician 249

Year Two Day 6 - March 15th 2010

Dallas

Well rested and ready to roll

We'd be headed to New Orleans today...a city that I've heard so much about and have never been. We had some thigns to take care of like picking up the laptop, mailing some stuff off and finding some new DVDs for the van rides. We picked up the stuff and headed to Downtown Dallas.

I've never been that big a fan of seeing the sites, There's just never been that much time to do so before. My previous experience has been getting to the gig playing the gig and getting to the next one, but good thing for me I have these guys with me because I'm enjoying all this more. Actually seeing some of these places is a novel concept for me.

This was the easiest drive, the shortest by far. I spent most of it working on some lyrics for new songs. Wiritng has been a frustrating process because I have so many things to express and I don't know how to express them. I feel less self assured than I have in the past. I thought I knew a bunch of stuff about myself and the world in general but the more I learn the more I realize that I don't know squat.

My mind wandered back home Kelvin was hosting Philly Rising in my absence, aside from the Bang Camaro tour last year I've never missed a Philly Rising (I got off the plane from LA and went there immediately upon my return home) I felt at ease knowing that Kelvin was handling buisness in my place. He's talented, charismatic, and a little looser than me. So I wasn't surprised when i heard that everyone had a great time. Wyldlyfe was also playing a show that night downstairs, a lot of big names and what have you I'm sure they did a great job as well. Mind you I'm extremely happy where I am right now and these thoughts lasted all of 15 seconds.

We arrived around 9 and checked into the hotel, sketchy neighborhood (they lock the doors after 11 and you need a room key to get in) but they had a gym and a pool, not that into the pool but I've been craving a workout.

The mission was simple...go to Burbon Street and have as much fun as humanly possible. For me this would have to be the last night to cut loose a little. Tommorrow we play and then we hit Austin and I'll have ot be 100% focused on that.

This is where the story will stop...Cause I'm not gonna get into details. I will say I had a couple drinks, danced a little and had a good time.

Show's tomorrow. I'm looking forward to it, should be a blast.

1 comment:

Counter