Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Boy Wonder: Professional Musician 250

Year Two Day 7 - March 16th 2010

A night on Burbon Street's gonna wear anybody out. We hada gig today so I wanted ot take it as easy as possible, knowing that from tomorrow on out it's gonna be about working and making sure that we have a really awesome couple of shows in Austin. I even looked into the possibility of playing somewhere Thursday as well, trying to do as much as we can while down there.

We finally got moving and went to Port of Call, a place a friend of Jake's recommedned that we hit for some really good burgers.

We hit up Burbon Street one more time to see it during the day and stop in some gift shops for nick nacks and things it was weird seeing it during the day. It was still pretty busy in terms of people being there but without the debauchery.

We rolled by the club to check it out. Looked pretty sketchy from the outside and it was closed, so we went in serch for gumbo and came back.

Tonight we would be the featured performers at the Hi Ho Lounge Tuesday Night open Jam hosted by Fat Sweat. Kind of strange being on the other side of something like this in another city no less. It's in it's infancy so the crowd wasn't quite where I would have liked it to be. But the point tonight was to play in front of people, and there are people here. Whether it's 5 or 500 you play a good show and you give them all you've got.

They played a set and then we were on. After the Dallas show I was a tad discouraged, I wasn't at my best, playing or singing. But tonight was more focused, we were going to be playing a set closer to the one's we'd be playing at SXSW.

Set List
Superhero
(Oh) I wish I Loved You
Walking on the Moon
How Can This Be Love
Wasn't Supposed to Be This Way
Feels So Good
(I Think We Should) Breakup
Leavin

Sometimes you reach for it and it's not there. Other times there's waaay more there than you ever could have imagined. Rob's Powerhouse Drumming and Jakes Swooping Melodic Bass Lines laid in perfect with my guitar, as a singer you feel like you can do anything when the band sounds that good. We were rolling like a well oiled machine, which allowed me to soar over the music vocally, which is about all you can really ever hope for. We were tight, we were right, I didn't mess up lyrics, I even took a few risks vocally that I won't be taking Friday and Saturday. I'm probably gonna need a new guitar cable though.

We stuck around and enjoyed some of the music before getting out of dodge. We have an early drive tomorrow and we gotta make sure we get to Austin at a reasonable time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Counter