Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Boy Wonder: Professional Musician 259

Year Two – Day 88 – June 5th 2010

Second Day in the Studio

In my head I figured that today would be easier since everything was left here set up from Thursday's session. I was right.

Joe and I are still each other out, I'm beginning understanding the way Joe likes to work and the sounds he wants to go for. There will be a push and pull as the days progress, because I have my own ideas and vision as well for the project. The self imposed deadline won't give us time to argue these things out. I've decided to put myself in his hands and see what we have when we're done.

Today we finished up the rest of the bass and drum tracks for the songs. I am blown away by the growth of Jake and Rob. As I take this music in a slightly different direction they're there, they're game, they're used to it.

We worked on more of the heavier stuff tonight. I often wonder if this is the right move for me, if taking the music in a more rock and roll direction is a good idea considering all the in roads I've made in certain circles more focused on funk and soul music. I remind myself that I got into this because I wanted to make rock music and finally I'm going in a direction more in tune with what I wanted when I first went on my journey.

We were done in about four hours the foundation for the songs is laid down and over the next few days I'll add my guitars and my voice to seal the deal. I brace myself cause I'm almost certain Joe has different plans than I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Counter