Sunday, November 8, 2009

Boy Wonder: Professional Musician 236

Day 235 - November 2nd 2009

No Philly Rising today. So for the most part it’s been a lazy Monday spent trying to write songs. My focus has been more on the R&B tip these days using that as a starting point for the writing with the eventual plan of adding the things that I like about Rock, New Wave, and Pop music to get the blend that I like. Will it result in a new sound? I’d like it to but I’m not gonna worry about it too much. I wish I were a better musician it’d be easier to do. I’ve never been deliberate as a writer before so this should be an interesting experiment.

I spend most of my days writing with MTV Hits or CMT on all day if the TV’s on at all. I think anyone who’s writing or singing songs with the intent on sharing them with a lot of people should at least be aware of which direction the wind is blowing. I’m not saying copy Miley Cyrus, but I always thought writers and singers should at least be aware of it. Once you know then you go on the hunt for music you might like better.

I’ve taken a liking to Jesse James and Trace Adkins lately. I dunno why I’ve been so enthralled with the Country Music lately. Maybe it’s cause listening to a lot of it is kinda like taking songwriting 101. A lot of it is pretty much straight from the shoulder.

Trying to squeeze at least four tunes out of me for demo purposes. I’ll tell you all out that a bit later.

These were the videos I saw today

Jesse James...you can probably guess why I like this



This song by Trace Adkins tickles me

No comments:

Post a Comment

Counter