Sunday, November 8, 2009

Boy Wonder: Professional Musician 233

Day 232 - October 30th 2009

Big Day

Tonight was going to be our first South Jersey show…ever. It’s not that I don’t have love for our people across the water it’s just that generally I haven’t had too hard a time getting all those folks to come over to Philadelphia whenever I have big shows, so there’s really been no need to roll over there to play. But when Damien Anthony asks you to do a show with him, you don’t say no. He knows how to get down, and we’ve been wanting to do some more things together so tonight seemed like as good a time as any.

We picked up Jake and we arrived at The Cherrywood around 8. We were scheduled to go on at 9 so I went ahead and suited up so that we could play. I joked with Rob asking him when was the last time we played in Philly, when we play at Lickety on Thanksgiving Eve it will be over a month since the last time we played within the city limits. I meet Bullwinkle, who runs the booking for The Cherrywood. I hope to impress him, so that we have another place in the area to play.

Once we hit the stage there was nothing fancy, basically the set list from the tour with a couple of adjustment

Superhero
(Oh) I wish I loved You
Billie Jean
How Can This Be Love
Feels so Good
(I Think We Should) Breakup
Leavin

I cut Wasted trying to be conscious of time.

Once we were done I decided to enjoy the evening. Which included me jamming with Damien during his set , winning best costume contest and dance battling two guys dressed like terrorists, and emerging victorious. I won a Pimp chalice as a result.

Once I was all funned out I went back to my sisters place, drank pepsi from my pimp cup and slept the night off.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Counter