Sunday, November 8, 2009

Boy Wonder: Professional Musician 239

Day 238 - November 5th 2009

SEPTA Strike Day Three

No word on whether or not the Transit Workers Union is even thinking about going back to the negotiating table. I remember in High School they were on strike for 40 days. They blow.

I did have a meeting today with Marc Eimer from Range Recording Studios. We discussed Philly Rising’s sponsorship of the Christmas Village this year. The Christmas Village is this cool thing the German Society of Pennsylvania started doing last year where they basically do a European Market outside of City Hall. This year they want to have entertainment and who better than Philly Rising to provide it. This is a very good move for the Village itself, Range, World CafĂ© Live, as well as Philly Rising. Provided we put our best foot forward it could be a great way to get non musician types to come to the event on a weekly basis.

It’s going to be from Black Friday to Christmas Eve. 30 straight days of music. Quite a difficult task but I think between Mark and I we can get it together.

I used the time I had to put more Philly Rising posters up in Center City. I’m wondering how this strike is going to effect attendance.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Counter