Sunday, November 8, 2009

Boy Wonder: Professional Musician 238

Warning: This entry contains coarse language

Day 237 - November 4th 2009

SEPTA Strike Day 2

I have a Lickety show tonight. With the Transit workers Union bringing the city to a standstill they are butt fucking me with no lube…I mean come on at least buy me a drink first. I know what you’re thinking “B Dubs, why you taking this so personally?” I would respond to those who might think that by saying…shut the hell up. I take it personally cause the young drunks that usually come to Lickety to check out the cool n music are unable to come and if they can they’re not drinking as much cause they have to drive or are complaining about taking a cab into town. Less alcohol consumption mean less money for me and the bands thus directly impacting my buisness. Thanks a lot Transport Workers Union. You suck.

Lickety was slow like expected. We had two great weeks in a row and now the momentum has slowed a bit. The one Brightside was that I brought in one artist that I’m super interested in working with long term. On top of all this The Phillies lose the World Series tonight to The Yankees making the city even more depressed. Personally I’m glad the thing is over and that Fringe’ll be on tomorrow.

I have a meeting tomorrow with Marc Eimer from Range about assisting him with putting together some shows and what not for the upcoming Christmas Village. He’s gonna come and pick me up so I may use this time to put up some more Philly Rising Posters in Center City. The push for the January 2nd show is also going to start soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Counter