Sunday, November 8, 2009

Boy Wonder: Professional Musician 240

Day 239 - November 6th 2009

SEPTA Strike Day Four

The city is still crippled. The Transit workers union are still on strike. The Governor’s involved. Apparently SEPTA came back with an offer which would give them more of their increase earlier on in the contract as opposed to later and they pissed all over it and talks broke down. They were pretty close to getting a deal done that would have buses and trains running by tonight and I could have made it to my buddy’s birthday dinner before I had to go to work.

Instead I spent time with the parents and we went to see This Is It. Watching the movie made me kind of sad because judging from the rehearsal footage it looked like it was going to be a great show, like it would’ve basically lifted him above all of the crap that had plagued him the past 15 years or so and reminded the world that he’s Michael Jackson. We’ll never know now. It’s a shame he died. He looked in pretty good shape during all of the rehearsal stuff albeit a bit frail.

After the movie I hit Lickety. I wondered how the strike would effect attendance tonight especially since I had a college band headlining. Lee Morgan opened up, followed by Jack Stafford, a guy I met at Dewey Beach from great Britian. He’s currently touring the country, I love his music, it has just the right amount of humor.

The Natural Result would close things out. They are a solid college rock band that gets better and better with every show. The dynamic is similar to fallout boy where the bassist is a tad more outgoing and charismatic than the lead singer so he does most of the talking. That always makes for an interesting show.

I went home looking forward to what my siblings and I have dubbed Sabado De Mexico which we would do after some hanging with my nieces and nephew. Once the siblings were home and ready there’d be Tacos, Tequila, Salsa Music, mainly us…drunk in my sisters living room. It’s going to rule.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Counter