Monday, March 23, 2009

Boy Wonder: Professional Musician 12

Day 11 - March 22nd 2009

Some video Leslie took of our trip to SXSW



Back on the road again.

We left Austin headed for Atlanta around 2 PM, the woman who was hosting us at the fantastic house we stayed seemed very happy to see us leave, seeing as though I broke their house days earlier.

There would be some different things this go round, most notably the fact that Bang Camaro and Leslie would be riding in the same van for the duration of this part of the tour. So when we pulled off from Austin there were 13 people in the van. Let me say that again there were 13 grown ass men in one van. That’s a lot of people. To say it was crammed was an understatement. That’s why it’s so important that you like the people you make music with because being on top of people you don’t particularly care for would suck big time. The jokes were fast and furious, I try to curb my laughter as much as possible, I’m a person that enjoys a good chuckle, any excuse and I’m ready to let one go and once I get goin it’s hard for me to stop.

It took forever to get from Austin to Dallas. We stopped at this Taco Bell/Rest stop where the toilet was clogged up and full of more crap then a record executive. I swear the hairs on my nose have been permanently singed off. We got down on some Taco Bell and headed back to hit the road. The bathroom would have been horrific enough but the best was yet to come.
We were playing a game called movies vs. candy (not the exact name) in the van as I was looking out the window. I was looking at an attractive brunette with her cowboy boots resting on the windshield and I almost missed it.

Pete: Did you see that girl?

Me: The one with the cowboy boots?

Pete: No, look

It was a pretty hefty young woman with her pants around her ankles diddling around down there. We end up ahead of her speculating about what she could possibly be doing. She catches up to us again and

Entire Car: OOOH!

She appears to be grimacing

Sean: She’s probably changing her tampon

That’s pretty disgusting I thought as she got behind us again. We’re driving a bit taken a back at what we’ve just seen. Everything sort of calms down and then She catches up to us

“Look, is that a bottle?!”

Entire Car: OOOH!

She was clearly taking a piss inside of a bottle while driving. Now I’m beyond horrified. She pulls behind us one more time and we all try to catch our breath. We start talkin about music and other general stuff and then she catches up to us one more time.

“Is that a napkin?!”

Entire Car: OOOH!

This heifer wiped herself with a napkin and threw it out of the car. Sick. lol

After the madness was over Sadler (Leslie Guitarist/Singer) implored Jonathan (Leslie Drummer) to play Candy Licker by Marvin Sease. This was the nastiest shit (sorry mom) I think I’d ever heard. It was followed by “I Ate You For my Breakfast” which was even worse. All I could think of was why I hadn’t found this stuff earlier…lol. I will no longer buy the “In my day singers weren’t all nasty like they are now” stuff that my parents are always tryin to sell me.

We decided to stop at a hotel in Marshall and grab some food at an IHOP nearby. The manager seemed to be yelling at the kitchen staff quite a bit. That’s what I love about IHOPs you can see that stuff as it happens. I always wanted someone to do a TV Drama like ER that takes place in an IHOP. No particular reason other than I thought it would be amazing.

After IHOP I went to the room and grabbed some shut eye

We keep on forward to Atlanta in the AM.

A little Marvin Sease

Candy Licker



I Ate You For My Breakfast

No comments:

Post a Comment

Counter