Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Boy Wonder: Professional Musician 8

Day 7 - March 18th 2009 - Memphis Tennessee/Arkansas

The Sun rises in Memphis and I realize how sweet my life is at this very moment. The weather is perfect here my cold is clearing up. Tennessee is awesome and I wish we were spending more time here.

Yesterday we drove to Nashville and pulled up in this cute little neighborhood to pick up Leslie the band that will be opening for us on this tour. They were outside waiting for us, the epitome of a southern rock band, I felt like I was in that movie Almost Famous, and I mean that in the best possible way. I’m finally seeing that idealistic looking vision of America people are always twattering on about, and now I can see why, this place is beautiful. This also marked my first Time Zone Change. Philly is now an hour ahead of me.

We repacked the van and they made sure Roxanne was by the door . We pulled into Memphis and kicked it a little bit before hitting the sack. I realized when I was shutting my eyes that this may have been the most sober St. Patrick’s Day I’ve ever had.

Nichole Lynn’s ears must have been burning, because she emailed me some new music in the early evening. Nichole’s my sister and she’s a songwriter for Pep Soul/EMI she’s been writing songs for a girl from Texas named Brooklin and she was emailing me some of the stuff they worked on, real rap she sounds amazing the songs are phenomenal and if this girl doesn’t get signed there may be something retarded about the music business.

I woke up early in search of free, the free wasn’t as good as the free in Mechanicsburg, but since I’m not the type to slap God in the face I will stop right there. I ended up eating breakfast with Pete again, I’m enjoying my time with all the members of the band and now getting to know Leslie, they all seem like really good guys I couldn’t have asked for a better situation. A friend in Philly that I was talking to on-line asked me how Bang Camaro can function with all those people (especially with all those singers) and my answer to him was this. “When you’re the real deal you don’t have to be a douche bag.” Sadler from Leslie is riding in the van with us another cool cat, he was telling me about this barn in South Carolina where this guy does shows on Wed Nights, something I would absolutely love to do very, very, soon if I can.

I was treated to a hilarious story about Bang Camaro meeting a drunken Jimmy Fallon at the Bowery ballroom in NYC. There was pushup contest at the Firestone just before he left. I overheard Alex’s ambitions to make a really great Bang Camaro sometime in the near future. I’d like to help but don’t know how to broach the topic just yet being the New Guy. With so may great musicians in one room I know it’s possible.

We had to get the trailer on the tire fixed so we pulled into Firestone and made a Wal-Mart run. I got various soups and a couple of bottles of vitamin water to save some cash in the Long Run. I gotta stop eating this fast food and perhaps start working out. I’ll probably buy a pair of shorts before it’s all set and done. I also got a pair of sunglasses, I didn’t wanna be that douche walking around with shades on but the sun is strong down south and I’m gonna need them for functional purposes. I am concerned that I may get sick with the changes in weather now that I don’t have health insurance that fear is legitimate.

I make it a point to talk to my Mother everyday because I know she worries. She told me to stop swearing so much in my blogs, I dunno how that’s gonna pan out but I promised her I would try. She and my dad are going to Greece among other places for the next ten days to follow the footsteps of Paul. She assured me that she has an international cell phone and will be calling me regularly.

There’s a show at one of the clubs I book O.N.E. at Rittenhouse tonight, I will admit I miss being there. Last weeks was the first show that went on since I’ve been gone and it seems to have gone well. Steve and Chris are running the show and doing a good job. Hopefully April is gonna be figured out soon and we can keep moving forward while I’m away.

We just crossed the bridge into Arkansas and I saw the Mississippi river for the very first time and we’re rolling pretty good. Arkansas is really flat so far Next stop is Austin and I’m so excited. Can’t wait for SXSW.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Counter