Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Boy Wonder: Professional Musician 20

Day 19 - March 30th 2009

http://myspace.com/boywonderrocks

I woke up later than usual on my air mattress in the non cat allergy room at Bryn’s mom’s house in the Buffalo area. It was a bout noon and she made breakfast. I am totally in favor of just staying at people’s houses on this tour.

The guys from Leslie as well as Alex and Dan (Sound guy/tour manager) wanted very much to go to Niagara Falls today. As soon as I found out not going was an option I was like “Yeah I don’t really care it’s just water” and they all left and I stayed and did laundry. I got a chance to talk to Bryn’s parents who are extremely supportive. I think it takes a certain kind of person to be a rock and roll parent. It requires that one be long on grace and patience. They reminded me a lot of my folks. Letting their son pile large amounts of dudeness in their basement as he chases something that very few catch.

Bryn had to cancel the Cleveland show and the fans there didn’t seem to happy about it. Hopefully the band will make it back there at some point.

I got a copy of the press release that Marc from Range did for me for the show in LA. Hopefully it’ll help me draw a slightly bigger crowd. I also got an email from bill Butler in reference to developing a business plan for Boy Wonder moving forward. I have to get section 1 done by weeks end. Someone else is interested in bringing me back to LA sometime in May. It’s really crazy how all this stuff has been happening lately.

We noticed that everyone had been gone for quite some time and were wondering what might have happened to our Niagara expeditionists were. Bryn would eventually get a call saying that they had found themselves in Canada, made a U turn, and were stopped by US Border Patrol for an hour. They made it to the falls and gazed upon it. Jason Fox (who’s idea this was in the first place) had a great time, I was glad cause it would have sucked if after all that he hated it.

I got to watch a pretty cool episode of house starring Mos Def and then the guys got back, we piled in the car and headed to the halfway point between Buffalo and Lexington Kentucky. I try to talk as little as possible to rest my voice. We hit the rooms, I blew up my air mattress, and went to bed.

I make my first trip to Kentucky tomorrow, the bands really gelling and I think it’s going to be an awesome show

The Police's Invisible Sun...one of my favs of the new tour

No comments:

Post a Comment

Counter