Monday, March 16, 2009

Boy Wonder: Professional Musician 6

Day 5 - March 16th 2009 - Headed to SXSW

I snuck home this weekend. With a show in New York and Philly being on the way to Austin I decided that a weekend at home might be a good idea. I surprised Zach at his birthday Party at North Bowl, I had a Yuengling then I had several more, it would be a while before I had another. A couple of days with family and friends was good for the soul. I was able to gather myself, and get some perspective on the overwhelming prospect of this tour.

Don’t get me wrong I’m excited to be on tour, to be riding in the van with the guys on my way to SXSW is a thrilling prospect. To be able to perform is a dream come true. But coming home for a couple of days reminded me how much I missed everything. I talked to my friend Caitlin Potter and she put it best. “Of course you want the career, but you miss your city, your bed, your friends, your stuff, I would feel the same way.” she told me it’s natural. I felt a lot better After my near freak out with her I got down to business. Mom made some beef stew and it was time to eat it.

I fell asleep watching Will Ferrell’s Your Welcome America on HBO, a luxury I won’t be enjoying on the road…lol and woke up to pack my bag. After some bickering with my mom about the contents of my bag, because the band have referred to it as the dead hooker bag I’ve named it Roxanne, I figured she put on the red light and someone killed her and put her in my bag.
Now we’re driving I think we’re in Maryland somewhere as I write this on our way to Virginia Shawn/Sean sits next to me in the backseat Morgan (vocalist)’s asleep, he was watching Hulk vs. Wolverine on his Imac, I may ask to borrow it. Alex is talkin to Glenn as Pete drives and Doz is in the front seat next to him. Morgan just woke up and now they’re all engaged in conversation that I can’t hear cause I’m listening on my ipod. I’m gonna take it off as soon as I’m done with this.

I am so excited to go to South By Southwest, for those who don’t know what it is it’s like the Sundance Film festival for musicians, so many bands, so many shows, so many people from Philly coming down, I can’t wait to experience it. Maybe I’ll even find a place to play.
It’s going to be amazing

1 comment:

  1. LOL, @ Roxanne!! Tee hee :)

    You should twitter this stuff my friend...would be fun to follow you there! :)

    ReplyDelete

Counter