Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Boy Wonder: Professional Musician 21

Day 20 - March 31st 2009

http://myspace.ccom/boywonderrocks

Leslie (The band that’s been opening for Bang Camaro on this tour)’s EP entitled Rebel Souls was released today on Itunes and Amazon. You should buy it, it sounds amazing. http://myspace.com/leslierock

We’re getting into a groove and starting to settle into routines. Routines always make me feel more settled in any situation. Sean or I are usually the first ones up, getting that first shower cause when you share a room with more than two people you may be left either without a towel or having to share one with another dude. We’re pretty stealthy so we didn’t wake Bryn up. To not be accused of loud typing I moved my computer into the hotel lobby to get some work done.

I spoke with my mom for quite a while before Sadler, Pete, and I piled in the van in search of coffee. I opted for some green tea as my throat has been bothering me. I feel a canker sore on the back of my throat which provides for loads and loads of fun. We got back to the hotel put the trailer back on and pull off for Lexington. Before we departed Alex gave us the good news that we will be playing shows in Albuquerque and San Diego before arriving in Los Angeles in late April.

We got into Lexington a few hours later and pulled up in front of The Dame. We loaded in and I started to set Alex’s amp up which I’ve taken to doing. I figure it’ll keep me from being bored or doing anything stupid at the clubs we’re at. We did a sound check with 5 singers, the fewest we’ve had for the tour so far. The Monitors were not unlike speakers you would find at Shea Stadium that combined with Dan’s general awesomeness I would have no problems hearing myself.

I decided to wander Lexington in search of food, I saw an indy movie theater (not unlike the Ritz at home) and some art galleries and coffee shops. It was the first town we’ve stopped in that I’ve seen (what appears to be) it’s “cultural center” I noticed that Lexington is a Ghost Town, on Tuesdays no one seems to go out and judging by the buildings I was in the Center of the City before I saw a soul. Luckily I had my sister to complain to over the phone. Everything was mad expensive and required nice clothing,

On the way back to the club I saw Pete and decided that I’d eat with him. He was very gracious in allowing me to hang with him. We ended up at McCarthy’s Irish Bar but they didn’t have a menu so we ended up at the Cheapside Bar and Grille. Anything named Cheapside is alright with me. We ate and as we were comin back Pete and I noticed that the courthouse we were standing in front of had a sing commemorating THE CHEAPSIDE SLAVE AUCTION BLOCK. The restaurant was named after the slave Auction Block

This would be Leslie’s last show with us till Monday and they rocked it. I was going to miss them this week but I was not going to miss having room in the van. The played a new song that was pretty cool.

The crowd was ready to go as we hit the stage around 10:30. We were rockin it pretty hard. I’m head banging a little more than usual along with the normal shaking of my pelvis and working the mic stand, for some reason I started motowning the entire set pulling some temptation style stepping moves out of my ass and integrating them into the hard rocking and then it happened. I’m not sure how it happened and definitely not sure why but somehow in the middle of one of the tunes I hit a spin move…a damn spin move. Not sure if I thought I was in New Edition or something, but I nailed it and went back to the mic. A fan complimented me later on my “sweet moves”

That show felt really great. My chest cold caused me to struggle a little vocally but I think the band sounded great and we rocked The Dame hard. Everyone that came to the show either signed the mailing list or bought something. Everyone seemed to have a great time.

The boys chatted up a bartender before we split. Cute girl, something about children’s books and a dojo in a garage, I’m usually the one not paying attention when these girls speak. Leslie had some problems with their Van reservation so we had to drop them off at a hotel.
We got some road under our belts as we played Movies vs. Candy I posed my first ever M vs. C question; M&M’s vs. Wrath of Khan, which met with approval from the brethren it ended up deteriorating into a sick and twisted game of “What’s worse/better” as I was asked which was better, The battle of Midway of banging Bea Arthur for four hours. I picked Bea Arthur, I didn’t know what the battle of Midway was, so I failed. I looked it up on my phone, it was a cool lookin naval battle during world war 2 between us and Japan, I’d still rather give Bea Arthur the business for four hours.

We stopped at a Steak and Shake, good stuff, A few hours later and we’d be at a Super 8. Too Tired to pull out the air mattress I shared a bed with Sean (don’t judge me lol)

We have a showcase for an ad agency that works with GM, they seem to think that maybe Bang Camaro can help sell some Camaros. Nice to see they’re putting that stimulus package money to good use. We pick up Nick In Detroit at 2:13, which will bring the vocalist count to 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Counter