Thursday, October 15, 2009

Boy Wonder: Professional Musician 205

Day 204 - October 2nd 2009

Lots to get done today. I have a show at the Tiberino, I have to get the show at Lickety Split going, then I have to get over to World Café Live to play the 5th Year Anniversary Show.

First was getting my equipment over there early. My mom wanted to check out Wyldlyfe and Bob Beach so we went over, I dropped my stuff off and we had lunch. A guy sat next to us a little ways through and talked to us about the business and who he new and what he could do, and what I needed to do. He gave me his card and told me to call him. I’ll give him a buzz this wee and see what he has to say. I’ve grown cynical after 15 years in show business, I don’t believe words until they turn into actions.

Bob and Wyldlyfe were amazing as usual. Semaj is a mountain of talent that’s only surpassed by his drive.

Second we got back to the house and I was able to change into something a little more presentable for the Tiberino show and as I ironed my shirt for the show my dad showed me the matching ties he got for us to wear tonight, that was very cool of him. We wrapped up the clothes in plastic threw em in the car and I headed over to the Tiberino.

I arrived at the Tiberino for a show that had no electricity, no mics, literally just me and my guitar. So knowing that I only had four songs to play at World Café Live I played a set of songs that I knew I wouldn’t get to play

(Oh) I Wish I Loved You
How Can This Be Love
Destiny
Get Me To California
Wasted
Hangover

I tuned down to e flat to save my voice for World Café Live. It was a cool gig I got to bring in the audience close to me and I got to talk to them about my songwriting process. I’ve never been very good at banter and often prefer not to talk at all. The air started to change and I could feel myself getting sick

I arrived at World Café Live in time to see Trombone Shorty be sicktastic. As he left most of the crowd did. The Real Feel hit the stage next followed by us. We played a fast four song set

Superhero
(Oh I Wish I Loved You
The Way You Make Me Feel
Feels So Good

The crowd had significantly dwindled by the time we got up so we didn’t play to very many people. But I was determined to rock it like 600 people were there. There were some sound problems and the show didn’t feel as good as the Tiberino show, or the show last week at World Café Live, definitely not my best performance, we looked good though.

Tomorrow is Dewey Beach, not necessarily looking forward to it. I have my own personal feelings about the conference that I’ve aired on this blog so no reason to rehash that, but we’re gonna get up nice and early and head down and try to have some fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Counter