Thursday, October 15, 2009

Boy Wonder: Professional Musician 212

Day 211 - October 9th 2009

Today was a beautiful day so I decided to go out to Rittenhouse Square to work on some material. Working at home can be hard because there so many things that can distract me from writing. Mainly getting booking work done, the phone ringing off the hook, and Law and Order Re-Runs, so getting out of the house is extremely helpful to my writing.

I got there and it really opened me up. I spent most of my time fixing some lyrics for some tunes I’d already written but I was incredibly productive. I didn’t have long though because I had to make my way over to Lickety Split for the weekly Friday show. This would be an experimental night as I divert from the standard pop/rock or funk/soul fare and venture into more singer/songwriter experimental music that’s usually reserved to for Wednesdays.

Alexis Shay rocked it for a bit and since Vanessa Boyd was late I had to stand in and play a few songs, mostly covers. Vanessa got there and rocked it followed by Kursten Bouton but nobody did their thing quite like closer Joe Brady, a guy that’s been on the come up for quite some time. He’s just about ready to step up to some of the bigger stuff I’d love to put him with some other acts of his vibe that can really draw a crowd.

The show went over ok…but not as well as I would have liked. Would have been an awesome Wednesday show.

My niece’s birthday party is tomorrow so I‘ve got to hit that in the afternoon followed by Lickety Split.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Counter