Thursday, October 22, 2009

Boy Wonder: Professional Musician 222

Day 221 - October 19th 2009

Today is my little cousin Danielle’s birthday, so I wanted to give a shout out to her.

I walk into Philly Rising and immediately see business happening. Marc is there with the new marketing person and Neil I’m assuming discussing re-upping for next year. There’s an energy in the room with the line looking pretty deep and more diverse than last weeks hip hop fest which is good, hopefully me being at some other mics around town will help let people know that we’re still here. Like I’ve said before it’s like McDonalds, sure everyone knows we’re there but it’s important that we remain out in the forefront of everybody’s mind.

I walked into the offices to run off the copies of the list and I‘m pulled into the office and apparently World Café Live feels the same way as I do, I have plenty of ideas that we could do so we discussed them. It’s important we stay a step ahead of the competition and I have quite a few ideas as to how to make that happen.

The line was even longer when I re-emerged to do the sign-ups I was pretty giddy all night and I felt like I was really in a solid groove. We even had some comedians thrown into the mix. Our winners Atlanta Bred Huston West and New jersey band 61 North will round out the Monthly competition for October. I can’t believe the year is almost over, it’s crazy, soon I’ll be doing another yearly competition and hopefully returning for my third year at Philly Rising.

Casey and I are gonna catch Electric Six tomorrow

No comments:

Post a Comment

Counter