Thursday, October 22, 2009

Boy Wonder: Professional Musician 219

Day 218 - October 16th 2009

Morning

It’s still raining

My back is killing me

My ankle’s sore

I’m glad to be home though. The Bang Camaro Show was an amazing thing, it always is. That band will always be an important part of my narrative and those guys will always be my second family. I have 11 brothers from another mother and I learned so much from that experience. But now it’s time to change my eyes to move forward. I have things that I need to do for the very near future, I’m over thinking these dates, it’s 3 shows in 5 days but I feel like my life hangs in the balance. One of my dreams are coming true. Ever since I hit the road with Camaro I dreamed of doing it with Jake and Rob, I think we have something, I know if we play well we can keep up with anybody, I am plagued with doubt, what if I fail and have to go back to an office job, try not to think about it.

Tonight we’ve got Lickety. A normal gig for us where we play from 10-2 spanning most of my catalogue and a few covers here and there. But tonight is our last chance to tighten up before we go out on the road. I didn’t book any other bands tonight an oversight on my part, but with the weather and the Phillies I figured there wouldn’t be many people out anyway, so this wouldn’t be anything more than a glorified practice. I even forgot the set lists and had to make them up on the spot.

There were quite a few highlights, and quite a few people all things considered. It was a normal Friday Night. The band’s pretty tight and I’m lookin forward to the moment when I stop being so anxious and it becomes more about playing these shows and growing this whole Boy Wonder thing. Good things are happening and I probably just need to relax. I only feel better when I worry which makes me feel worse, I get it from my mother

No comments:

Post a Comment

Counter