Thursday, October 22, 2009

Boy Wonder: Professional Musician 223

Day 222 - October 20th 2009

With my lesson cancelled my Tuesday was mostly spent doing layouts for the tour itinerary, printing out directions and the like and figuring out what I need along with getting psyched for the Electric Six show. I did some work on the new tune and decided that I would hit the Tritone to try it out before meeting up with Casey to go to the show.

I snuck onto the list and played the song with Kelvin’s Telecaster. The song seemed to come to life and breathe more when I played it that way so I’m looking forward to showing it to the band. I left the Tritone in time enough to meet Casey.

We rolled into Johnny Brenda’s again and I see Emily sitting by the merch table, it was like old times. It’s funny how before I leave for my first Boy Wonder mini tour I’ve seen everyone that taught me everything I know about being on the road, Bang Camaro (last Thursday) and Electric Six (tonight) we all still talk and they know I’m hitting the road, they ask questions, they’re still teaching me stuff.

I run into two people that I met the last time I saw Electric Six, they buy me drinks and ask about Bang Camaro and I have no answers for them. I’d rather be talking about what I’m doing but I don’t mind it, there are people out there that really love that band, it’s a shame they haven’t been able to play Philadelphia more often I think they probably played well here last time and probably would again. Electric Six took the stage and it was time to watch them rock.

The New Stuff sounds awesome, so incredibly funky and rawkin, the hits sound as solid as ever, to the point that some idiot decides to start a mosh pit by the stage. They slammed into me on more than one occasion to the point where I had to scream “If another muthafucka slams into me we’re gonna have problems!” They kept it in another area. Angry black man voice still works.

I went into the green room after the show, they said that although they won’t be there Saturday night they would tell all their peeps that I was playing the Lager house in Detroit.

Home now, so much to do to get ready for tomorrow’s trip. Not to mention the fact that the Phillies can win the NLCS tomorrow, I wonder how the game’s gonna affect the show at Lickety.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Counter