Thursday, October 22, 2009

Boy Wonder: Professional Musician 221

Day 220 - October 18th 2009

Third Sunday

That means church, I have an amp and effects there so all I have to do is grab my guitars and cables. I get there a little late but Virgil had already rolled my amp out so all I had to do was hook everything together.

With such great musicians all I could think of is how good this would sound if we knew what we were playing and had time to rehearse. It does keep me on my toes and with such a great rhythm section all I have to do is stay out of the way for the music to sound good. As usual we get to talk while on breaks and in the middle of the service the Pastor prayed for me that we’d have safe passage and a warm reception everywhere we went. I know that’s my mother’s doing. I’d rather not people make a bigger deal out of this that it is. I’ve been putting enough pressure on myself as the gigs are coming so I don’t need any additional pressure.

When church was over we went back over to Jersey for part two of Jordan’s 7th birthday extravaganza tonight dinner with the family. I had to watch The Eagles lose though, to the raiders no less. I made a phone call to World Café Live to see if they tickets available for the Marc Broussard show tonight I’m taking my oldest niece Taylor to the show. Apparently her dance teacher does a routine to Gavin’s Song and she downloaded some stuff and she liked it so she asked me to take her.

After the game was over we took a ride over to World Café Live. I keep my eyes peeled for little boys that want to get chest punched for looking at her. They lead us into VIP and we sit and enjoy the show. Not as much as some others though there were several couples there dancing and kissing and such…we were both pretty grossed out. As for the show itself it was a more of a stripped down thing him a drummer and a guitarist/bassist. It was a cool show I bought her a T-Shirt that I found out later didn’t fit.

Philly Rising tomorrow. We go on a two week break after tomorrow night so I hope for this to be good, a heck of a lot better than last week. I feel like we need to step up the diversity and get it back to acceptable levels. Hip-Hop for two hours straight isn’t good for anyone involved. Hopefully this is a result of the playoffs and we’ll get back down to business here soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Counter