Thursday, October 15, 2009

Boy Wonder: Professional Musician 213

Day 212 - October 10th 2009

Slept in until about noon as we had to get ready for my niece Brooklin’s birthday party. She’s 7 today (well she was 7 on Thursday). It’s weird watching people grow up and get older. I remember when she wasn’t here and when they were small and unable to walk. I got her a Target gift card since I’m bad with girls. The party was cool, it was at the bowling alley that it was at last year. A lot’s changed since last years party.

After I was done with the party I had to be over at Lickety. It was our first Band DJ Hybrid show. The concept is that the right kind of band will bolster the ring, actually bring some people out and (depending on how quick the DJ’s can get up and running) blend well with the DJ’s that take the bulk of the night.

Tonight the band was Drake, a very interesting Jazz/Rock/Hip Hop band. Trumpet, Drums, Upright Bass a Cello, and two vocalists. They were great entertaining the crowd who otherwise would have been there watching college football.

As soon as they were done MC Showtime and a substitute for DJ Pressure. I wasn’t the DJ’s biggest fan. Pressure is just so good at what he does it’s hard to come in and work at that capacity without the comparisons being made. But the crowd which included some left over Drake fans, a Birthday party, and seemingly half of South Philly seemed to dig it. There were $2 Jell-O Shots and before the night was over MC Showtime yelled “South Philly!” and was tackled by a South Philly woman resembling Keith Richards, the same woman attempted to grind on me as I sat at the Bar.

I got out relatively unscathed and got in my bed at a semi reasonable time. Goin to church tomorrow then followed by Eagles football.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Counter