Thursday, August 6, 2009

Boy Wonder: Professional Musician 147

Day 146 - August 4th 2009

I woke up early. The excitement of playing 2 dates in the midwest was replaced by dread. Are we gonna play well? How are we gonna get there? How am I gonna pay for this? I’ll be putting on my manager’s hat soon and coming up with a concrete plan of attack to make sure we do the absolute best thing for all of us involved. I spoke with Fox through Facebook and he basically said that the only way to really get yourself out there is to hit the road and play as much as possible. Something I know he’s right about people can’t love your music if they don’t hear it.

My lessons were cancelled today but not before more good news came down the pike. Castaways in Ithica New York Called after hearing my press package and they want me to play there in September. I dug the place a lot when I came through with Camaro this past Spring. We’re supposedly opening for a really big band up there which would be totally bad ass. Jake’s got a gig with The Apostles the next day but we’ll make sure we’re back in plenty of time

As the night progressed I succumbed to my new addiction…Hulu. Hulu.com is a bad ass site that has TV shows and movies and stuff. After watchign several episodes of Family Guy I discovered that they had every episode of Exosquad on their site. It was one of my favorite shows growing up. I got to Episode 8 of the first season before going to bed early.

Lickety Split is tomorrow and I got six bands that I need to deal with. Oh Happy Day…lol

No comments:

Post a Comment

Counter