Monday, August 17, 2009

Boy Wonder: Professional Musician 158

Day 157 - August 15th 2009

Day 2 of my seven day stretch. Today The Lockstock Music Festival, a new festival in Lock Haven PA that I’m hoping is going to be something that we’ll eventually be able to go to every year to move units and merch and the like. Lock Haven was three hours away so Brian would be our driver today. Rob’s girlfriend Allison and Brian’s Buddy Allie (short for Allison…weird right) would be joining us on our little excursion. We hit the road around one and headed to our destination.

As we listened to music Brian’s telling me the Fuel Gage is low. Unfortunately The Fuel Gage just does that on the van. Paranoid we stop to get gas. Which I would do every time something like that happens. I was pretty stoked. The Plateau Jam is one of our favorite dates of the year so I was excited about yet another festival to play. It’s a long ride but I can’t think of a better crew to do a 4 hour car ride with than my guys. The dynamic is interesting as the three of us have really bonded since we’ve been playing together it’s really cool.

When we arrived we noticed that there was a stage and some proto potties, what they didn’t have was beer or food. The guy running it said it’s pretty much B.Y.O.B. so it required us to go into Lock Haven to try to find a beer distributor.

Rob’s GPS took us to a place that didn’t exist. Then Brian asked a hick dude with no shirt on where we could find beer. After aimlessly searching around we happen to find one about 15 minutes before closing time. Then we turned around and got back to the fest in time to catch the all girl band SugarHi (I’m assuming it’s an Empire Records reference) they were pretty cool.

We drank a few beers and played some bean bag toss and when 9PM rolled around we set up to play. I rarely ever use a house amp when I got play somewhere but for some reason I didn’t feel like hauling my amp around today, boy did I pay for it. I put my gear through a Marshall combo, which never sound good. It would be adequate enough to get through the gig though

Set List
Superhero
(Oh) I Wish I Loved You
The Way You Make Me Feel
How Can This Be Love
Always Givin Me The Blues
Feels So Good
Wasted
Walking on The Moon
Leavin

We were on fire, three hours in the Six Flags Heat’ll do that I guess. I got a lift from them and we were really goin for blood as Dante used to say. I think because we weren’t havin nearly as much fun as we did at the Plateau Jam we were hell bent on making sure the actual show itself was a s good as it could be. We’re tightening up again, which is good because we got all this stuff comin up in the fall.

When we finished the concert goes encouraged us to play more so we strapped up and played an encore

Encore
Baby One More Time
(I Think We Should) Breakup
Demolition Man

Baby one more time is probably going to have to go in the set from here on out. I hate to say this but it sounds to good not to be a cover we play. We ended with a raucous versions of Breakup and Demolition Man. We got in the car and I got home around four. Tired again I went to bed.
2 Down 5 to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Counter