Friday, August 28, 2009

Boy Wonder Professional Musician 169

Day 168 - August 26th 2009

Hump Day…lol

I rediscovered Pandora this afternoon. I made a Boy Wonder station while I was working at Drexel and I completely forgot about it. I like Pandora and maybe one day I can get my tunes on it. I added Bang Camaro to it this morning. I miss those guys sometimes, usually when I do interviews and they ask me about my experience on tour with them. There were times of personal struggle out there on the road but man did I have some unbelievable times. It wouldn’t be the last time I would think about them today.

Wednesdays means Lickety and tonight I felt like we were gonna do well. We had some powerhouses returning from earlier this summer, so I was happy about that along with some new faces. Ian Young would sing a song about his experiences touring. All I kept thinking was with the exception of Home Sweet Home there ain’t a better road song than Life is Hard on The Road. Katie Haire and Tophers Bossa Nova Brigade brought up the rear and did a great job.

As Topher’s band was playing I got a tap on my shoulder. “Hey aren’t you in Bang Camaro?” I turn around and politely answer him. He recognized me from the Jimmy Kimmel Show and asked a bunch of questions I didn’t know the answers to. Luckily there were some girls that I knew there that saved me from this conversation. He seemed like a nice enough guy.

Moving some of these acts to Friday nights is inevitable and logical. If people are hitting home runs on Wed Nights then presumably they are going to make more money on Friday nights. I worry about what that does to Wednesdays, I like seeing the house packed in the middle of the week. Hopefully that will continue as the school year starts. We’re adding a jam session starting next week so that should bolster the overall attendance.

After I was done I fell asleep with that new Taylor Swift Song stuck in my head. I’d heard it blasting out of a car on my way to Lickety Split and now it is the bane of my existence.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Counter