Friday, August 7, 2009

Boy Wonder: Professional Musician 149

Day 148 - August 6th 2009

Not a whole lot today just my hair and a Vegan Dinner Party at Amanda’s.

Amanda was a girl that sang backgrounds for me a couple of years ago. We met on the shoot for my video for Who U Been…? And I found out the actress was a singer.

Her first show with me was my first show in New York, she did a good job and she was with me for a few months after that. Our schedule can be tough on background singers, especially back then when we were playing like twice a week.

She’s moving to Connecticut to go to a intensive Theatre school. She’s a talented kid and I’m certain she’s going to do everything she wants to. She was throwing a Vegan Dinner party so I figured I’d go and see her before she left. I wasn’t sure about the food, I like the animal products but decided not to judge, and figured at the very least there would be booze.

The food was surprisingly good, I’m not going Vegan…ever but Amanda did a pretty good job. I spent most of the night just listening to people talk. I don’t get to interact with people that are hip often so when I do I like to soak it all in. I had some wine and a few hours later I went home and started working on a song but I was much to tired to finish it.

That’s it tomorrow I’m turning everything off and I’m gonna try to finish all these ideas at least before I go to Lickety Split to dive straight into that cluster fuck.

Who You Been...? With Amanda Mchugh

No comments:

Post a Comment

Counter