Thursday, August 6, 2009

Boy Wonder: Professional Musician 148

Day 147 - August 5th 2009

I’ve been watching Exosquad on Hulu all day, I highly recommend it.

My night basically started and ended at Lickety Split with another badass show. We had a band from Chicago come in last minute, The Robbery they were pretty good. Then Matt Spitko played next, kinda reminds me of that guy Matt Nathanson.

Joe Brady would hit the stage next and deliver probably the most compelling set of the night. I constantly looked at the audience watching as they were completely transfixed. This is a guy who actually has people that like his music. Quite a dangerous thing. He comes to Philly Rising a lto it was nice to see him play for more than ten minutes

Alexis Shea hit the stage next, she’s a lot better than she thinks she is. Then we got to the full bands of the night, Tunnel from New Jersey followed by The Natural Result. Both bands were at full tilt drawing people in with their rock and roll music. I’m excited to see Tunnel at Lockstock next week. Should be a kickin good time.

High Beta and JT spun that 70’s Soul after the show was over as I kicked it with the staff at Lickety. My new friends are…interesting to say the least. I enjoy all the times I’ve spent there so far. I smell sitcom.

There was a brief exchange on Twitter a little over a week ago that John mayer started called Awesome Problems. It’s an excellent way to look at your life, perhaps I’ll elaborate more on that tomorrow

No comments:

Post a Comment

Counter