Monday, August 17, 2009

Boy Wonder: Professional Musician 155

Day 154 - August 12th 2009

Woke up relatively early because I didn’t want to miss my meeting. My phone rang and Bill was wondering if I could come in right away because he had a meeting he had to go to in the afternoon. I hopped in the shower and headed on over to his office.

On the way over I was wondering what he was going to tell me suggest I should be doing. I have some ideas but I wanted to be open to what he was saying. My buds called to tell me G.I. Joe would be playing at like 1:20 so my meeting would be over by then.

I got off the bus and stepped into his office and we started to talk. We went through some basic stuff and then he started in on the different ways I can make money. He seems to think it can come from Boy Wonder the performer, Boy Wonder the songwriter, Boy Wonder the promoter and Boy Wonder the entertainment personality. I get the first three but Bill seems to think that if done right my personality/persona would allow me to break off into various other forms of entertainment, that would be sweet if that happened. My eyes were opened to some possibilities that could be explored in addition to music, as long as it’s done the right way.

With my mind still buzzing I went with my buddies to see G.I. Joe, which was a lot better than I thought it was going to be…it was dare I say it…good. It’s always cool to see my friends, we’ve been friends for almost ten years now (around 7 or 8 Casey and I for about 10) and it’s particularly interesting because we’re all going through changes and figuring this whole life thing out. We went and got comics and then I hung around south street because I had a short time till Lickety Split.

With the exception of Gabriella Christine it was a slow night, the drummer from the first band was late throwing everything off by 30 minutes. I’m extremely anal about time especially on a slow night. As far as the talent level goes it was fine, but the door for soul music there is all but closed unless I can find some guys that can really get the job done.

The guys from Leslie’ll be in tomorrow, I’m pretty excited about that. My Marathon Stretch of shows starts in a couple of days and I’m even more excited about that. Bonding with the boys, we’re gonna need it for what I got planned.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Counter