Monday, August 17, 2009

Boy Wonder: Professional Musician 154

Day 153 - August 11th 2009

Slower day today so I decided to continue to work on the songs that I’ve been working on. With so much stuff on my plate in terms of the booking and promoting it’s hard to stay focused on developing the material especially since I’m not all the way sure it’s time to go in and lay stuff down.

I was scheduled to teach a guitar lesson but it was cancelled as I walked into her front door, bummer. It did give me some free time to work on this tune that needed a new chorus. haven’t gotten there yet but I want it to capture the emotion that I’m trying to convey in the song perfectly.

As I look down the barrel of the next week or so All I can think is that “Old times are here again” 6 (or 7 depending on if hear back from a venue) gigs in 8 days and I’m still trying to figure out if the show with Camaro on the 22nd in Boston is even physically possible to do.

Got a call from Bill Butler in the mid afternoon and he wants to help me develop a business plan. I’m interested to hear what he has to say in terms of where he sees my career going. I’m crossing over into a new frontier where my visions of success and art and music and where I fit are changing a bit something I’m extremely excited about. This is the 21st century and there’s so much that can be done today. It’s really cool.

I’m also going to see G.I. Joe tomorrow with the crew…Not lookin forward to it.

Now back to this chorus to see if I can get this right.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Counter