Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Boy Wonder: Professional Musician 160

Day 159 - August 17th 2009

Day 3 of my 7 day stretch. No Philly Rising today

But what I do have is an interview with the Cellar Sessions.com internet Radio show. This wouldn’t be my first time doing a radio show, that would be in Chicago with Bang Camaro when we did Man Cow’s show. But this would be the first time I would be conducting an interview about me concerning my music.

I had quite a bit to do before that happened though. Lots of phone calls for upcoming shows, securing a driver for the upcoming Midwest stretch looking at a Van for that trip. It’s coming up in a couple of months so moves have to be made. I’m really excited about it as well as the upcoming shows in Baltimore and Ithaca. I feel like I’m starting to swell just a little, hopefully I’ll be bigger than I currently am which won’t take much.

I arrived at the basement studio around 6:30 with my dad. I asked if Jax was there and there she was sitting at the desk next to him. Jax is and old friend of an old bandmate of mine Amanda who I had just run into at The show at the Tritone that The Zero’s did in July and that’s how the ball kinda got rolling on me being a part of this whole thing.

I did have some concerns about what they were going to ask and if my voice would hold up (I’d been singing for 3 or 4 days straight so strain is always a concern) so I did the ol Camaro vocal warm up, which has been useful in the months that I’ve been home, although it looks, feels, and sounds just a little weirder when you’re doing it by yourself.

I went back downstairs and prepared for the interview. I wasn’t sure what they were going to ask but I was pretty prepared to answer anything they were gonna throw at me.

I won’t reveal the details of the interview just yet you guys’ll just have to wait till it’s posted on Monday for that but I can say that Bill and Jax and Crew were extremely professional, I had a lot of fun, and I think the interview went extremely well. I played 3 tunes in studio and they spun an MP3. Should be fun I can’t wait for you guys to hear it.

I left the studio and headed home to watch the rest of Monday Night Raw and headed for bed

The Cellar Sessions air this Monday

No comments:

Post a Comment

Counter