Thursday, August 20, 2009

Boy Wonder: Professional Musician 162

Day 161 - August 19th 2009

Day 5 of the 7 day stretch

Today I have to head over to Lickety Split. I wasn’t sure if I had to play tonight or not. I was prepared to.

I sat in Rittenhouse Square to try to write but that didn’t work. I went to Jefferson Square to see if I could drum up the magic there. I was just getting going as some dude walks up and starts singing in Spanish. Of course I forgot we live in a world where everyone can sing, and since everyone can sing of course it’s a foregone conclusion that a guitarist clearly sitting, playing to himself wants to jam with you. He wouldn’t leave, and not wanting to say something prickish like “Don’t you see I’m writing a song go away” I got up and left.

Fortunately for me everyone scheduled showed up and played. The Highlights for me were Chang Chang and Andy of The Future. I thought they were pretty killer and can’t wait to have them back.

Unfortunately it was a night where everyone playing didn’t pull their weight. Every show’s not gonna be a home run, specially when only one or two people are doing the lion’s share of the promoting. August is usually a slow month for bars, not that that should be an excuse. Hopefully Friday we’ll turn it around and get things going again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Counter