Thursday, September 3, 2009

Boy Wonder: Professional Musician 171

Day 170 - August 28th 2009

Laying Low.

I think I took one call today. Casey wants to see Inglorious Basterds tonight.

I’m not a Quentin Tarantino fan, frankly he hasn’t made anything that I haven’t loathed since Pulp Fiction, he hasn’t made anything I’ve loved since Reservoir (I don‘t count Four Rooms (one of my favorite films) because he‘s only responsible for ¼ of it and Robert Rodriguez‘s story‘s the best one). For those of you who might still be reading this blog and are Tarantino fans, I apologize if this offends you. There were plenty of my film school buddies that would argue with me that he was God. So I generally go into Tarantino movies expecting the worst.

Inglorious Basterds managed to be even worse than I thought. It was long, for the most part it was boring, I didn’t care about what happened to any of the characters in it, I was pretty stunned. I haven’t hated something that much in quite some time.

Luckily for me there was a party afterwards at a frat house. Not usually my style but Chris Wilson was there. Chris is who booked me at Castaways in Ithaca next week. He’s an awesome guy and told me of the massive after party they’re planning once the show is over. I can’t wait to go up there and open for the Rozatones, they are pretty sweet.

We hung out for a while and Casey dropped me off at home at like 4AM.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Counter