Thursday, September 10, 2009

Boy Wonder: Professional Musician 182

Day 181 - September 8th 2009

Not much today. I had a lesson with my one student and saw her jump a few rungs in terms of her mastery of the assigned songs. She’s proven to be quite adept when she memorizes songs so we may work on going that route with her in the future. Playing guitar has brought so much joy to my life so it’s really cool to share that with someone else.

After we were done we went to Mcgillin’s Tavern one of the oldest bars in Philly, I went there a few weeks ago and they were doing an authors spotlight on Duane Swierczynski a crime fiction writer that was currently working as a writer on The Punisher. Tonight it was Lew Losoncy author of a book c Early Poppers, not quite sure what that is, I believe it’s someone who finds their passion early in life. He talked about a lot of things, the thing that stood out most to me was “It’s not your circumstances that make you who you are but how you view them“ , that’s something I intend to take with me as I move through the rest of my days.

I left and went by the Tritone but the guys weren’t there and I found myself walking around Broad Street with my ipod blasting carrying my guitar. It was pretty serene, I felt like I was back in college…those were simpler days. I got a chance to breathe deep which is always awesome. I bought a notebook and headed back to the Tritone

I sang a few songs and hung out for a while and went ahead home.

We got Lickety tomorrow, hopefully it will be better than last week, we start our open jam tomorrow so that should help.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Counter