Monday, September 21, 2009

Boy Wonder: Professional Musician 190

Day 189 - September 16th 2009

Spent most of the day working on lining up October for Lickety Split. I usually would have the next month done by the time I got into the middle of the month that I was in but with all the stuff I have lined up this weekend I‘ve been a bit preoccupied.

My student cancelled this morning so I had all day to get things done in reference to Lickety, The Festival, and The World CafĂ© Live Show. Bang Camaro has a show in New York and it looks like I’m making that. With a show at Lickety the next day I may have to leave that night or early that morning.

Tonight though would be the first of four packed nights of music. I would play my first show ever at Milkboy Coffee. I would again be the opening act this time solo acoustic, for Justin Barron, a good friend of mine who’s management reached out to me about playing the show in place of another band who couldn’t do it. After I said yes they started marketing the show “Justin Barron Live @ Milkboy Coffee with Special Guest Local Legend Boy Wonder.” Not sure how I feel about that lol. I’ve really only been on the scene real heavy for about 3 or 4 years hardly long enough to reach legendary status. But if it puts but in seats I guess I can’t complain.

I got there early. I had never played there before and didn’t know much about the setup. We waited till about 8:30 and the place was packed lots of college kids (including really hot looking girls) and I kicked off my set. I was a bit nervous actually, which is unusual when I’m playing by myself.

Bed’s to Big Without You
(Oh) I Wish I loved You
How Can This Be Love
Baby One More Time
Feels So Good
Wasted
Hangover
3000 Miles Away
(I Think We Should) Breakup

It was pretty well received. An Acoustic Tour is also something I should consider at some point down the road.

Watching Justin perform his music with his band fully realized did my heart good. He was just starting out when I met him playing songs on his piano and now to see him at the point where he is drawing good crowds and releasing an EP it was really cool to see. I gave him my congratulations, said my goodbyes and off I went.

Tomorrow continues a hellacious four day stretch where lots of musical things will be happening. Only a nutcase would be looking forward to something like this. Which explains why I can’t wait for Friday to start. It’s gonna be one helluva weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Counter