Saturday, September 12, 2009

Boy Wonder: Professional Musician 184

Day 183 - September 10th 2009

I was up all night excited about the process of Weds at Lickety rebounding with the help of the Jam Session. I talked to Lloyd for a few hours about it and he thinks that it’s gonna put his band in a good position. Hopefully we can keep this thing afloat. I didn’t go to bed till about 7AM. Other than following a lead for a show in Detroit, it was a pretty uneventful day. I try to make sure that most days before travel days are so that I can get everything together, at least until I get used to everything.

I’m pretty amped up for the trip to Ithaca tomorrow. I can’t believe we’re gonna get to play Castaways with the Rozatones, it’s gonna be nasty. I have a set list in mind but I don’t wanna marry myself to it just yet. I wanna make sure that we do something musically that fits in with the night and the sound of the band we’re supporting. I also wanna make sure that it’s something that’s gonna reflect what we do properly.

I need to be good tomorrow, we need to be good tomorrow, Ithaca is an extremely important market to me and I dare not stink up the same stage I played on with Bang Camaro only months earlier.

Casey was slated to be the van driver tomorrow but unfortunately he found out he has job interviews to go to so I spent the majority of the day trying to find a new guy. After several no’s I finally got a hold of cousin MJ who said he’d be happy to do it. A huge load off my shoulders.

As of today I am truly on my own. My management agreement has run out so I’m looking for the next thing, be it a new manager or me officially taking over my affairs. I try not to let these things stress me out. There’s so much to do and I haven’t even scratched the surface yet.

I need to get some rest big day tomorrow and I don’t want my face to look puffy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Counter