Sunday, September 13, 2009

Boy Wonder: Professional Musician 186

Day 185 - September 12th 2009

The sun peaked through the glass door and hit me square in the face. It was an overcast day so that’s quite a feat. I’m on a living room floor MJ on the couch to my left, Jake on a couch to my right. It comes back to me in half a second. I’m in Ithaca New York still, we rocked Castaways last night to a crowd that was very receptive to the music and the band. I would like to thank Chris, The Rozatones, Castaways, and the people of Ithaca New York for making last night’s show the best show we’ve ever had outside of Philadelphia and one of the greatest nights of my life.

We left Ithaca early. I got everyone up at 7:30 so we could get to Philly by noon.

The car ride was considerably quieter than the ride up. Most of us were sleeping while I sat up front with MJ. I’m a bit slow, I partied a bit harder than I should have. He had a Sade cassette that he played on the way back…I didn’t know that people still owned them. The quiet was nice. It was nice to look out the window again and check out the scenery. I knew we were going home, but it was nice to be back at it, in a van with nothing but playing a show buzzing around in my head.

We stopped a few times and got home around 11:30 unloaded the car and went our separate ways. I’m pretty settled on that set list being the set list when we do our road trip. I’m beat and I need a shower. I’ve got to head to Lickety tonight. I’ve recently taken over the managing of the Dj Nights on Saturdays (Mrs. Bass was right the reward for work is more work) and have to make an appearance. I threw a little outfit together and stepped out.

These nights are different all I have to do is sit here, it’s the DJ’s and MC’s job to do the schmoozing and the like. I’m just here to lend some support and in case things go wrong.

It was a bit dead in the beginning of the night but as DJ Pressure and MC Showtime kept at it and the place started to fill up. We moved tables so people could dance. Not really my kind of party (I try not to dance under any circumstances) but people had a good time and in the end that’s all that matters.

The Eagles play tomorrow. Hopefully they don’t lose 16 games this season.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Counter