Friday, May 22, 2009

Boy Wonder: Prfessional Musician 71

Day 70 - May 20th 2009

No Lickety Split tonight. With no Philly Rising on Monday I have a rare full week off. The weather is warm so I decide to do something that I haven’t done in ages, Got To Rittenhouse Square.

Rittenhouse is a small park in the Center City section of Philadelphia. It’s close proximity to the arts schools downtown and the ritzy apartments that surround it make it an ideal place for people watching. Everyone comes through and either sits or walks on by. It’s probably the best place outside of a beach ot look at hot girls. It used to be a place where I could really develop song ideas but it’s been harder and harder recently to do that. I always see a lot of my friends there and today was no different.

I ran into B Dell a guy who did a lot of promo for me back in the day. Changing cell phone numbers put us out of touch. We caught up, he asked about the tour, and we talked about anything under the sun. Hours passed and we ran to Cosi to get some food and went back to the park.

I did get to play a little and came up with a pretty sweet riff. I need to find a new place where I can write. People always want you to play their favorite songs and you end up not doing much creatively.

Came home and wrapped up some Lickety Split stuff and hit the bed. Have rehearsal with the Zeros, Caitlin, and Brianne Tomorrow so I better get some shut eye.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Counter