Sunday, May 3, 2009

Boy Wonder: Professionla Musician 53

Day 52 - May 2nd 2009

Today would be a day about getting he word out and beginning to set some stuff up for Lickety, finalizing everything for Zot, and beginning the major push for the World CafĂ© Live show downstairs on May 24th. All this stuff is important so I’ve gotta make sure I keep all these balls in the air. The Monday event at O.N.E. is not looking good. No one wants to run it and none of the bands I know want to take a gig on a Monday Night. I have a host in mind at this point but I’m not sure if it’s going to work.

I get a call from Gabriela Herbas, a young woman who did a documentary on the making of my album, she did another re-edit and would like me to look at it. So after playing some guitar I went to meet up with Gabby to take a look.

I thought the video was really well done and (finally) gave my stamp of approval on it as the final version of it. I suggested a bleep for all the curse words to heighten the humor. We may try to screen it May 24th but I fear we won’t have time. It was an interesting trip back down memory lane, it was almost a year ago when I started making that record, feels like a lifetime ago I feel like I’ve climbed so many mountains in the past year. Doing some things outside of Philly with Boy Wonder then a full blown tour with Bang Camaro. I thought about them quite a bit today. They had a show with Electric Six and I’m wondering how it was.

After the trip to Gabby’s I rolled over to the Tin Angel to check out Amy Regan. We have all these mutual friends and she’s come to Philly Rising a time or two so I was looking forward to checking her out.

I have a bit of difficulty watching other people perform. I always have the itch to be on stage. I’ve gotten a lot better about it over the past few years. It helps when the person is as good as Amy is. She’s amazing in fact, very adept in Jazz theory, knows very expensive chords. Her voice is pretty soulful and easy on the ears.

I came home around midnight and decided to go downstairs and play some guitar. I’m working on some new EQ’s and Sounds, trying to find the perfect tone. Which is useless considering that the tones may not sound right with the rest of the band. Something to do I guess. We have rehearsal on Tuesday and I’m pretty excited about it.

Apparently there was a big argument between some people next door while I was playing. I didn’t hear a thing.

After a while I hit the bed. We’ll see what happens tomorrow.

A little Amy Regan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Counter