Friday, May 29, 2009

Boy Wonder: Professional Musician 79

Day 78 - May 28th 2009

Workin pretty hard today for the most part. I knew this would be a day when I spent a great deal of time on the phone and in front of the Computer. Firstly I had a bunch of gigs come in for me and had to sort through them all as I try to get a foothold back in the city and the region so that I can schedule some of these out of town shows. Some interesting things on the horizon, we got some hippie festivals and hopefully some TV. This would be sweet. Once I locked some of this new stuff down I got a call telling me that my Thursday meeting was cancelled. So I moved on to some of these HYPE! shows that still need to be set up.

They finally posted info for Thursdays show on the World CafĂ© Live website. So we can finally start doin some advertising for it. I’m just about ¾ of the way of getting July booked solid. I’m working with a lot of new great bands for these Lickety Shows. A lot of bands from NYC are comin in as well as some bands from Philly and what not so things are looking good. Soon I’ll be able to turn my attention to my own music and start really writing again. I need to start making plans for this NYC trip and Cali for that matter.

Mom brought Yoni home for hair purposes, then I went and saw Star Trek (for the second time) with Becca and Zach. Zach and I discussed the fact that we probably need to really start working on some creative type projects together again, it’s likely that we’ll start doin some stuff once I get back into the routine of the band and what not I’ll have time to pay attention to something else. We’re thinking of developing some sort of media project. I’m considering dusting off the Action Boy project and showing it to people…we’ll see.

I couldn’t help but think that maybe it might be a good idea to try to get some acting work to pick up some extra money until these shows pick up. We’ll see, I (obviously) have a great deal of free time at the moment.

Can’t believe Friday is tomorrow

No comments:

Post a Comment

Counter