Friday, May 1, 2009

Boy Wonder: Porfessional Musician 51

Day 50 - April 30th 2009

So I guess I’m famous now (looks at watch sees about 10 minutes left) lol

I woke up to my phone ringing off the hook, phone calls and text messages from people who stayed up and watched Kimmel to catch a glimpse of me, we all ended up getting more than we bargained for. Mostly everything was positive in terms of the feedback. People I hadn’t heard from in years shot me texts and emails and phone calls telling me how rad they thought the Kimmel appearance was.

I go on-line ot see if Push Push is up yet and I see the reviews on You Tube from people checking it out, they range from support

shatteredglassart (12 hours ago)
fuck all you haters. Bang Camaro ROCKS!
have you never played Guitar Hero or Rockband..they're on both.

shatteredglassart (12 hours ago)
I love Bang Camaro ^_^

To the mean spirited

spineK (17 hours ago)
this is so bad.. they cant sing individually so they have to cover it up with 15 guys... not even good sounding.

o0o8ra1no0o (15 hours ago)
booooo

To the kinda funny

VerdammtX (4 hours ago)
This is what happens when a frat house has one too many kegs to drink.

But of all of them so Far this has to be my favorite

LamotteROCK (18 hours ago)
NIGGA

Cause it’s either a show of Black Solidarity or this guys got some serious issues with racism. Either way it elicits a chuckle. People who know absolutely nothing about you, what you’re doing, or what you’re trying to say have no problems casting judgment. My heart goes out to actual famous people that deal with this on a daily basis from the entire world. It’s the culture we live in. If I don’t like something (Like Say The Jonas Brothers or Lady Gaga) I usually respond by turning it off and finding something I do like. It’s funny that people can’t handle that situation the same way.

I enjoyed a little bit of this sort of fame as I sat at the lap top and did some job apps and tried to find some rooms to book in, O.N.E. wants to move to Mondays so if I want to make any money at this I’m gonna have to try to find some place else to do so. Zot looks like it’s back on, so I’m gonna try my best to put that show back together. Got some great bands so we’re gonna score pretty big I think. We should make back our original investment.

Phone rings. It’s Dick Valentine from Electric Six, they’re in town tonight (like I would forget that) playing at Johnny Brenda’s on Girard and Frankfort. I planned on hanging out with them during the day but I remembered I needed to get my hair done so I would have to wait until the show to hang.

I washed my hair again and by the time I was done Yoni was there to do my hair. I’d been without braids since Friday and I’d had that ponytail since Saturday. It was nice to get the hair clean again and get it braided the way I usually do, lookin like my old self. Mind you I only look like my old self.

I went to the show and got the biggest hug from Emily (Electric Six Merch Girl) I associate this band with so many great memories from the tour. The rest of the band came in and we shared warm greetings. They tell me that they’re staying at The Crown Plaza Hotel on 18th and Market…the first place I ever worked. We shot the shit for a little while and Zach (who was my plus 1) and I pushed ourselves to the front.

The show was amazing like always. I’ve seen them more than ten times and they still blow me away as I succumbed to the Dance Epidemic. A douche bag threw a shirt on-stage and hit Percussion World (the drummer) right in the face he throws it into the crowd immediately and of course it hits me and drapes over my head. He was so apologetic, of all the people to hit. I almost died laughing. When they were done we spoke and hugged and all that and I went home.

I went another day without playing guitar. That can not happen again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Counter