Thursday, May 14, 2009

Boy Wonder : Professional Musician 63

Day 62 - May 12th 2009

I had a sweet run planned this morning. I downloaded a bunch of cheesy 80’s music to run to and then my ipod decided to pick now as the time to stop working. Awesome. I’ve never been a big fan of Apple products. But until some of the other companies perfect their MP3 players the ipod is still the most attractive product on the market. I believe Steve Jobs and the Mac folks are excellent salesmen that make horrible products. I had to throw my play list on my dad’s pod and run with that.

Lots of work on the horizon today. I have my first show at Lickety Split tomorrow and my opening act pulled out last minute and with no one to replace them I am worried about draw for the evening. I wanna have a better first night there than I did at Zot. I also have a show to book Upstairs at World Café Live in June, possibly one in August . This is going to require me to inject some fresh blood into the HYPE! situation my heavy hitters won’t be able to play these smaller places for a while

Things are coming more into focus in terms of this weekend when I rejoin Bang Camaro for these two shows in New York and New Jersey. Tommorow I grab my bolt bus tickets and ma dukes is gonna pick me up from the Starland Ballroom in Sayreville. I’m pretty pumped to get with the guys again. We’re only playing a half an hour set so we have to pack a lot into a small face rocking set. I have no idea what the plans are between Friday after the show and the show Saturday still but I guess things will work themselves out in the next few days.

It’s Jake and Rob ready to get down and rehearse. Things sound even better than they did last week. They sounded great last week. The problems are with me still trying to snap back into line, adjusting to the leadership role again. Leadership is something that doesn’t necessarily come natural to me. It helps that I have the right guys around me to make the ship go. I’m not much without their support. We worked for even longer than we did before re-working some tunes, shaping them, this would be the last time we would get to really work on the songs. Next week we go into show mode. I was really happy about the way things went. As I stressed about this a little more the doorbell rings.

But with Wed Night at Lickety, Thursday a hair appointment, and Friday and Satruday being out with the boys I don’t know when I’m gonna be able to get my ipod fixed. Hopefully Mac won’t have it too long whenever I do take it in.

The folks came home and I got to spend some time with them. After a few hours of TV I took the trash out, washed the dishes and hit the bed.

Big day tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Counter