Saturday, May 23, 2009

Boy Wonder: Professional Musician 72

Day 71 - May 21st 2009

After a quick run (I gotta find something else to do my knees are starting to hurt) My daylight was dominated by trying to find a string quartet for Sundays show. No luck so far and with it being memorial day weekend I may be S.O.L.I have a few numbers that I can call but It’s not looking good. I feel really good about Tuesday’s rehearsal so it might not make a whole lot of sense to try and cram the quartet in there this time. If you can’t do it right don’t do it at all.

My afternoon would be spent writing. I promised a new song and wanted to have another option in case I wasn’t feeling Get Me To California. I came up with some stuff I’m really excited about. Generally if I come up with something I let it swim in my head for a few days, fleshing ideas out. If it’s good after a few days I’ll start work on the song. So we’ll see where it goes.

Most of my evening was spent trying to close out June for the HYPE! Shows I’ve got two more acts to book on June 24th and June will be done.

My dad got home around 7 so we went to Best Buy to take my ipod in for repairs. It broke about a week ago and I’ve been wanting to run it up there ever since. It took forever and I had to fill out some forms but at the end they told me they’d let me know when it was ready.

When I got back home I went down to South Street Sounds to rehearse with The Absolute Zeros along with Caitlin Potter and Brianne O’neill. We are to sing backgrounds on Red Bone Mama. Just a call and response thing. I’m always a little gun-shy about background vocals especially when someone tells me to “be free” I’d rather people tell me what they want so I can just do that. After a few times through I had a better idea of what they wanted. Once Caitlin got there we played with some harmonies which I thought sounded a lot better than us singing in unison.

I have to admit I like what’s going on here, it had to be the right bands and at the right time but on Sunday, if all goes according to plan you will see many of the artists/bands collaborate with each other all night long. We’re very close to creating a strong community. I’m very excited about it.

Once we were done I got home and hit the sack. Just a few short days until the show. Very excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Counter