Friday, May 8, 2009

Boy Wonder: Professional Musician 57

Day 56 - May 6th 2009

Today was a particularly special day.

Number one it would be the first Wed in quite sometime I was in Philly and didn’t have a show at O.N.E. to have to go to. I was at that place for almost two years. As I explained earlier we didn’t do so well while I was away, truth be told we were don’t that well as I was leaving for tour. A two year run is pretty impressive at one club for an independent booker. I had some great shows there but the room had run it’s course. It was getting more and more difficult to book bands in this non-traditional venue.

The event (slightly modified) is moving to Lickety Split and I’ve been hard at work lining everything up. I know tough this business can be. One must balance talent with drawing ability. We’ll get a bit of a break from having to completely fill a venue up at Lickety. It’s one of the rare places in Philly with a walk in crowd.

Had to do some work for The Friday Night event at Zot. We’ve added a jam session portion to the event (from 11-2) and the band that was supposed to host it pulled out. So I have to think of something. I’ve been doing my best to spread the word around, I wish I would have had the idea sooner. If we get to do it there again I think it’s going to be a kick ass event. There hasn’t been an event that all the top dogs in Philly go to since Black Lily. I would love to make that happen.

Today’s even more special cause it’s my nieces birthday. 11 years have flown by really fast and soon I will be chuckling as she becomes a teenager getting on her parents nerves and providing me boys to hit with my baseball bat. My sister believes that she and I are exactly alike. I don’t see it, but I imagine there are worst people she could be like. We went out to Fridays and we had some dinner. The wait staff came over and sang and gave her ice cream. Jordan (my other niece) shared her ice cream with me and then we went back to my sisters.

I watched American Idol and was happy to see No Doubt playing they looked good. Honestly if I had to listen to another Gwen Stephani solo record I was gonna put a gun in my mouth. After that went off my sisters and I did a vocal rehearsal for the show. It was a little hairy at first, but I think we may be onto something.

Everyone was fast asleep after that. Kids were in bed by 8 grownups not to long after. I couldn’t imagine living this life as the norm. Which is why one will always wear condoms whilst doing the deed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Counter