Friday, May 29, 2009

Boy Wonder: Professional Musician 78

Day 77 - May 27th 2009

In a rare moment of stupidity I double booked myself today. I have the monthly competition for Philly Rising today and at the same time I have a show at Lickety Split. I spent most of my morning tryin to lock down the details for my upstairs show at World Café Live next Thursday Night.

I lined up some more Lickety Split shows and hopefully by tomorrow’s end I’ll be booked through the end of July and can start working on August. Once you get a whole season booked and know what works you can kind of put people on a rotation you have to make sure you are keeping it fresh of course, but the more often you can put people in that you know that will do well it makes things a bit easier. The shows so far look really good.

At 5 I left the house on my way to World Café Live. Tonight we were doin the March winners. I saw the higher ups at World Café Live who were pretty satisfied with Sunday’s show. I begged to have the staircase back. We kicked the show off with Steven Allen. Followed by Adrian Silva, the first artist I’ve met that won while I was away. He did an electro pop set that reminded me a little of 3OH!3. I fear my tastes aren’t as eclectic as others. The Rainy Day fools played next followed by Aphillyation. After it was all said and done Aphillyation were our standouts for March. They’ve been working very hard since their inception so it’s pretty cool they finally were able to win a standout.

I left as soon as possible tohead down to Lickety Split. As I arrived I heard the horror story that involved 2mas. Apparently he brought a CD that wouldn’t read, so they had to dig a DVD Player out, but the remote was missing so he had to wait for his beats (which he always leaves a lot of extra time on) to finish before he could go to the next song. Safe to say it was a pure hell gig for him. I apologized and will rectify the situation as soon as possible.

Soon as the show wrapped up I got to hang out with Dani Mari for a little bit and then I went back to the crib. Big meeting tomorrow so I need to get some rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Counter