Friday, May 29, 2009

Boy Wonder: Professional Musician 77

Day 76 - May 26th 2009

Morning was slow today. Mostly doing my booking stuff and sending out reminders for the open mic monthly competition mostly.

My day picked up when I traveled to the Northeast to meet with Phil Valentino, my former manager and current…I dunno what he is anymore actually. He’s a very good lawyer who has some connections in the music business. I’m sure he’ll definitely be involved from here on out, especially in the vein of reading over contracts and possibly negotiating certain deals but I’ll probably need to find a manager that can push this thing forward in a different way. Starting my own record label may be back on the table. It’s something he and I discussed we’ll see what happens moving forward. But now I know that there’s a certain piece of the puzzle I need. He seemed to be impressed by all I’ve done since he sort of dropped out of the picture a few years ago.

I moved on to Center City to meet with Becca and Alyssa. Becca’s and old friend of mine and she and her friend are interested in guitar lessons. We start next week. That’s more money I have comin in…Sweet. I’ve always been teaching one way or another since I was 14. All your really doing is facilitating learning. I’m sure there are things that I will learn from them as well that will allow me to teach them better. Sharing music with people is probably the coolest thing you can do if you know how to play. It’s like watching someone unlock music’s great mysteries and realizing that they’re favorite song isn’t so hard to play after all.

I stopped by the Tritone to say hey to the Absolute Zeros before I came home and went to bed. Have another meeting in the next few days, we’ll see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Counter