Monday, April 13, 2009

Boy Wonder: Professional Musician 33

Day 32 - April 12th 2009

He is Risen…He is Risen indeed

Easter Sunday is like the Superbowl for us Christian type folks. It is the celebration of Christ’s resurrection. Without the resurrection, what we know today is Christianity would not exist.

Jesus woke up early Sunday Morning. Still recovering from strep, Boy Wonder didn’t get up till noon. My band mates were still sleeping so I showered and hung out in the lobby for a while. The internet wasn’t working but they fixed that. Today was a much needed day off for the band. As much as one wouldn’t admit it this life can really wear on you after a while. I did get to catch up with some Philly friends briefly through Facebook chat. They encourage me and keep me upright.

I wanted to find a church to celebrate Easter but to no avail, we ended up going to the Laundromat instead which was good in and of itself. I had many clothes to wash.

I got a call from my entire family while there wishing me a happy Easter. It was weird us not being together for any kind of holiday. We roll deep like that. The large family mentality is what allowed me to adjust to the size of Bang Camaro. More often than not my family has rolled ten deep into a restaurant. When my clothes were done Dan let us know that we’d be meeting members of Electric Six for dinner at Ruby Tuesdays around 7 that evening.

When we got home I wanted to play guitar. I had finally tied some lyrics to a chord progression and was excited about getting to work. I have a show in Less than two weeks in one of the biggest markets in the country, I need to get back into some kind of playing shape. Being able to play a new song in LA would be awesome as well. As I was jamming I saw the van light up and Zach run towards it. I wanted to put my guitar back in the room but the door was locked. Fearing being left I just ran with guitar in hand to the van.

We arrived at Ruby Tuesdays and the rhythm section of Electric Six were waiting there for us along with their merch girl Emilie. It was fun hanging with them. The two guitarists came in as we were leaving. There were talks of us hitting a gentlemen’s club before the tour was over but after the Claremont I’m a little gun shy.

After dinner the band went somewhere to have a good time. I’m totally getting my Grandpa on and heading for bed at 9. Kansas City is tomorrow. Hopefully my voice’ll be strong enough by then.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Counter